Bayer Rose & Flower controls aphids and most whiteflies. Spraying pest control products only kills the insects that actually get sprayed, and it does not kill eggs. Although some sprayed products do have a systemic effect, the effect lasts only 2-3 weeks. Bayer Rose & Flower is a systemic, timed-release product that is sprinkled onto soil at the base of each plant, then watered into the soil. Once in the ground, it has a slow-release effect that lasts up to a year and works the most effectively of all aphid and whitefly treatments we have tried here at HVH. For some people it lasts a full year. Others find they need to use it twice a year to keep aphids and whiteflies completely away from their hibiscus. Either way, it is easy, safe, and very effective.
Directions for Use:
- Let your plants dry out a bit.
- Sprinkle Bayer Rose & Flower on the soil at the base of the each plant.
- Using a small amount of water, pour water directly onto the Bayer Rose & Flower to dissolve it into the soil.
- Let your plants dry out a bit before you water again, to make sure they soak up all the product.
- Use 1-3 times per year to control and prevent aphids and whiteflies.
For more information about each specific hibiscus pest, or to diagnose your pest problem, go to our Hibiscus Pests Care Pages.